Adventures of an Introvert is now officially a year old. One year ago I decided to bite the bullet and write about my adventure experiences, and what a year it's been.
I started off the blog with nothing more in mind than to practice my writing skills by writing about something I enjoy, and it has been a fantastic journey. I have achieved more than I thought possible in a year.
This year I have taken steps into the unknown, more times than I ever have before. I have grown as a person and it's been amazing.
In a year of writing this blog, I have given myself the confidence to:
- Plan the Three Lochs way- with strangers. I created an online event with the rambling roses (on Facebook) and opened the invitation for this 2 day walk, to people I had never met before.
The walk itself was incredible and both physically and mentally challenging, but the fact that I made it showed me I can do anything. - Apply for a course I had always wanted to participate in- Woodland Activity Leader Training with Wild Things! This training has been on my radar for ages, and considering I work outdoors with children, this training was perfect. The course itself was more than I could have ever imagined. We had one intense week of learning how to do Bushcraft, plant ID, animal tracking and other outdoor skills. The only problem was that I didn't want to come back. I just wanted to keep learning...
- Which brings me on to my next point, without having been to the WALT course with Wild Things! I would have never looked into applying for University. One night while I was on the WALT course, I decided to see if there where any courses like this at university level. I decided to apply for information about the course I am on. Only it wasn't information I was applying for, I was actually submitting my application to study, and I only realised this after I had sent it. I knew I wanted to apply anyway, and I am so glad I did. My university course (Outdoor Education and Learning with Perth College UHI) has been such an adventure. We've studied canyoning, coasteering, gorge walking, kayaking and canoeing. The fact that I get to do these activities and count it as studying is the best feeling in the world. And it's with the best bunch of people.
I hope that the next year of blogging will bring me the same amount of adventures, and good fortune.
Happy New Year everyone!
Love- Jade, Your introvert adventurer, x
(Don't forget to subscribe via email.)

